Primary Administrative Assistant
Full time, Term Time Only + 3 weeks (5 days/week, 39 weeks/year)
Start: 1 September 2020 (pré-rentrée 25 août 2020)
Seeking a bilingual administrative assistant, ideally with experience working in a school. Reporting directly to the Head of Primary, this role is the first contact for families in Primary. He/she will help with all events and activities relating to the school day. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to have a high degree of responsibility and be part of a successful school community.
The position is to be filled for 1 September 2020.
- Ensuring discretion and respecting confidentiality at all times;
- Monitoring student attendance;
- Communicating with parents;
- Relaying information to Head of Primary and managing her diary;
- Ordering supplies;
- Creating documents (ie: agenda for parents);
- Managing the Primary calendar;
- Updating the Primary page of the website;
- Assisting in the organisation of field trips;
- Planning and implementing key events for the Primary school;
- Ad hoc duties.
We take great care of our most valuable asset - our team:
- Professional development opportunities
- Free freshly cooked meal on term days, equivalent to £1,500/annum non-taxable
- Free hot beverages and fruit
- Discount at local businesses including Wembley gym, Costa, etc.
- Perkbox account paid for by the school (discounts at a wide range of retailers)
- Free weekly language classes (French or English)
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave
Education & Experience Required
- Bilingual French/English;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both languages;
- Ability to show resourcefulness in dealing with competing deadlines and priorities in a busy school environment;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Proactive approach to work;
- Strong IT skills (Google suite);
- Ability to multitask and prioritise;
- Shows initiative;
- Strong attention to detail.;
- Outstanding collaborative skills and a desire to work in a team-focused environment;
- Commitment to and facility with integration of technology in the service of student learning;
- Willingness to contribute to school life.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.
About Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Program leading to the IB Diploma programme in Y12 and 13. Our Early Years programme (available to students from 3 to 5 years) opens in September 2020.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 850 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.